Jennifer L. Arseneau considers any appointment that you have made with her important. Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice, or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else and the appointment time goes unfilled. Jennifer understands that cancellations may feel awkward, but very much appreciates a cancellation over a no-show.
Please note, as of May 2021 the following cancellation / missed appointment policy is in effect:
- A full 24 hour notice is required for cancelling appointments. Clients may contact Jennifer directly to cancel.
- Clients who fail to show up for a scheduled appointment (“no show”) are billed for the full cost of their scheduled session.
- Clients receive emailed appointment reminders that are set up through their client profile in the Jane App booking system, sent out 3 days before their appointment time. Clients also have the option of adding SMS reminders 2 hours before their appointment time. While clients can log in to their profile at any time to deactivate these reminders, clients understand that in doing so they are solely responsible for remembering their appointment time. Also, rarely, the Jane App may be subject to technical problems whereby reminders are not sent out. These reminders are a courtesy only; clients are responsible to keep or cancel their appointment regardless of whether they receive a reminder or not. If you are uncertain when your next appointment with Jennifer is, please contact her to check or login to your Jane profile where your upcoming appointments are listed.
- There are a range of valid reasons for cancelling an appointment. To be consistent with all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a death in the family or a natural disaster.
- Life circumstances may arise which make attending counselling on an ongoing basis difficult or even impossible. Clients who cancel 3 or more consecutive appointments or 4 or more appointments a year are asked to take a 6-month break from counselling with Jennifer.
- Missed appointments and late cancellations are payable via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to Book A Session